Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pentaho 7: I can't load a Mondrian Schema using PUC

Default Pentaho 7: I can't load a Mondrian Schema using PUC

The problem is when I use the PUC to load a mondrian Schema Analysis It doesn't appear in the datasource list, it works fine if i load it using Schema Workbench publish option.

I cannot use Schema Workbench in production because pentaho login is managed by a centralized CAS.

I don't receive any error message in the PUC neither the pentaho.log or catalina.out files.

Somebody have a clue about how to solve this?
    Last edited by sancho; 03-13-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Usually pentaho.log will indicate some error when you try to create a new report. Can you attempt to create a new report to see if you have any entries? Does your schema contain the less than "<" symbol like in a calculated measure?

The schema is fine because if we upload it using Workbench it works perfectly. There are no error of any kind in pentaho.log or catalina.out.
    Something werid is that when I upload the report using Schema Workbench, they appear double in Datasource Manager.
    I opened a JIRA for this matter.

I guess I have the same problem. I cannot upload mondrian schema file (Mondrian 3) using PUC - Pentaho 7.0.0.0.25 (also tried latest snapshot 7.1-20170313.151841-66). There is no error or warning message logged in pentaho.log (mondrian logging turned on) or catalina.out. No such a problem in Pentaho 5 or Pentaho 6.

The problem might be when schema name (e.g. <Schema name="test">) is different from file name (e.g. test2.xml). I was able to import only schemas with matching schema name and file name.

Nice discovery. I'll let them know in the JIRA I opened for this matter. I'll change my schemas to fill this request as a workaround.

Thanks mzarada!

Hi the same problem here... any news about workaround?
    Thanks

Daniele

This was fixed in 7.1 from this JIRA
    http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/BISERVER-13545

Actually it's fixed in 8.0: http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/BISERVER-13556

The workaroud is filename MUST be same as <Schema name=""/> inside the file:

For example:
    Filename: mySchema.xml or (mySchema.mondrian.xml) -> <Schema name="mySchema"/>