Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: get files from result

Default get files from result

Hi first time user of PDI, and I am missing something. I have version CE 7.0.0.0-25.Very simple job and transformation to move files, and then output the list of files moved into a json file. The files move correctly, but never seem to pass the information to the transformation and thus populate an empty json file. I have checked the "Add files to result files name" option. What else am I missing? Attached are the job and transformation files.any guidance is appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you use the "Get file names" node then it writes the filename to the result stream if you clicked the checkbox. Make sure to also link it to a "copy rows to result" node

Quote Originally Posted by dmcwhinnie View Post
    Hi first time user of PDI, and I am missing something. I have version CE 7.0.0.0-25.Very simple job and transformation to move files, and then output the list of files moved into a json file. The files move correctly, but never seem to pass the information to the transformation and thus populate an empty json file. I have checked the "Add files to result files name" option. What else am I missing? Attached are the job and transformation files.any guidance is appreciated.