Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pentaho 7 CE schedule pdi job

Default Pentaho 7 CE schedule pdi job

I'm using Pentaho 6.1 CE on one server and Pentaho 7.0 on another server.
    On 6.1 CE I can schedule PDI job from my BI server - I browse files from server UI and choose "Schedule" on file with my job which was earlier made with spoon.
    On 7.0 CE I'm trying to do the same - I made job with spoon, it's saved od Pentaho Enterprise repo, I can browse to file and choose "Schedule" option but it doesn't work.
    Anyone can help with this? What can be wrong?
    I know that I can do this with kitchen and system scheduler but it was working in 6.1 CE without this so I want to know if this is a bug or I have to check my setup or maybe in this release this is unsupported to use schedule option from Pentaho BI Server UI.

Do you get any error message? I can schedule pdi jobs in the BI server like you describe.

I checked pentaho.log under tomcat\logs and I found this ERROR - it occurs at time of scheduled job run:

2017-03-27 13:24:00,342 INFO [org.pentaho.di] 2017/03/27 13:24:00 - RepositoriesMeta - Reading repositories XML file: FromInputStream
    2017-03-27 13:24:00,435 INFO [org.pentaho.di] 2017/03/27 13:24:00 - RepositoriesMeta - Reading repositories XML file: FromInputStream
    2017-03-27 13:24:00,442 ERROR [org.pentaho.platform.scheduler2.quartz.ActionAdapterQuartzJob] ActionAdapterQuartzJob.ERROR_0004 - Action "org.pentaho.platform.plugin.kettle.PdiAction" failed to run as a quartz job
    java.lang.Exception: org.pentaho.platform.api.engine.ActionExecutionException: Kettle.ERROR_0004 - The repository specified was not found (null)
    at org.pentaho.platform.scheduler2.quartz.ActionAdapterQuartzJob.invokeAction(ActionAdapterQuartzJob.java:312)
    at org.pentaho.platform.scheduler2.quartz.ActionAdapterQuartzJob.execute(ActionAdapterQuartzJob.java:142)
    at org.pentaho.platform.scheduler2.quartz.BlockingQuartzJob.execute(BlockingQuartzJob.java:39)
    at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:199)
    at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:546)
    Caused by: org.pentaho.platform.api.engine.ActionExecutionException: Kettle.ERROR_0004 - The repository specified was not found (null)
    at org.pentaho.platform.plugin.kettle.PdiAction.connectToRepository(PdiAction.java:850)
    at org.pentaho.platform.plugin.kettle.PdiAction.execute(PdiAction.java:245)
    at org.pentaho.platform.scheduler2.quartz.ActionAdapterQuartzJob$1.call(ActionAdapterQuartzJob.java:247)
    at org.pentaho.platform.scheduler2.quartz.ActionAdapterQuartzJob$1.call(ActionAdapterQuartzJob.java:187)
    at org.pentaho.platform.engine.security.SecurityHelper.runAsUser(SecurityHelper.java:175)
    at org.pentaho.platform.engine.security.SecurityHelper.runAsUser(SecurityHelper.java:164)
    at org.pentaho.platform.scheduler2.quartz.ActionAdapterQuartzJob.invokeAction(ActionAdapterQuartzJob.java:289)
    ... 4 more
    2017-03-27 13:24:00,443 ERROR [org.pentaho.platform.scheduler2.quartz.ActionAdapterQuartzJob] ActionAdapterQuartzJob.ERROR_0001 - Property "ActionAdapterQuartzJob-ActionClass" or "ActionAdapterQuartzJob-ActionId" must be set in the job data map
    2017-03-27 13:24:00,444 ERROR [org.pentaho.platform.scheduler2.quartz.ActionAdapterQuartzJob] ActionAdapterQuartzJob.ERROR_0002 - Failed to create an instance of action "unknown"
    org.pentaho.platform.scheduler2.quartz.ActionAdapterQuartzJob$LoggingJobExecutionException: ActionAdapterQuartzJob.ERROR_0001 - Property "ActionAdapterQuartzJob-ActionClass" or "ActionAdapterQuartzJob-ActionId" must be set in the job data map
    at org.pentaho.platform.scheduler2.quartz.ActionAdapterQuartzJob.resolveClass(ActionAdapterQuartzJob.java:85)
    at org.pentaho.platform.scheduler2.quartz.ActionAdapterQuartzJob.execute(ActionAdapterQuartzJob.java:125)
    at org.pentaho.platform.scheduler2.quartz.BlockingQuartzJob.execute(BlockingQuartzJob.java:49)
    at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:199)
    at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:546)

One more think that can be useful - I use Windows Server 2012 R2 as Pentaho server, pentaho is set as system service. Installation without changes in config files.

Is there a repository you didn't set correctly? It is saying that "The repository specified was not found"

I have seen that there is a problem with repository file but how to set it up? On CE 6.1 I didn't setup kettle repository when using scheduling. On the same server (CE 7.0 where my problem occurs) I have PDI and in C:\Users\CurrentUser\.kettle I have repositories.xml (in CurrentUser is name of loged user) and in that file I have:

<repositories>
    <repository> <id>PentahoEnterpriseRepository</id>
    <name>Pentaho 7 local</name>
    <description>Lokalne repo Pentaho 7</description>
    <is_default>true</is_default>
    <repository_location_url>http&#x3a;&#x2f;&#x2f;localhost&#x3a;8080&#x2f;pentaho</repository_location_url>
    <version_comment_mandatory>N</version_comment_mandatory>
    </repository> </repositories>

I don't think it take information from this place - this should be an information for PDI, not for BI Server. Where should I check if my repository config file that BI Server checks when runing jobs is correct?

Hi,
    i'have the same problem. did you found a solution for it please?
    thnks.

No, unfortunately no one can help me with this problem and I didn't found solution.

Quote Originally Posted by dzilupl2 View Post
    No, unfortunately no one can help me with this problem and I didn't found solution.
    Had a similar issue. Did you do a manual install for version 7?

Check that you defined correctly the DI-HOME as instructed here: https://help.pentaho.com/Documentati...ver_on_Windows

MIguel