Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Configure SSL with Postgresql

Post Configure SSL with Postgresql

Hi Everyone

I have been trying to configure SSL with Kettle on a Postgresql connection. There are many articles in the internet in relation to this, however everything points to
    change the Postgresql connection parameters. For what I am able to gather, you need to configure your JNDI connection by configuring the jdbc.properties file
    located at .../data-integeration/simple-jndi. I need to be able to set the parameter SSL=True in the connection string.

First I thought I could set this at the kettle.properties along with the database connection, however it doesn't take the parameter.

Have anybody able to configure this on a command line Linux installation?

Please advice..

Default Best Solution

Quote Originally Posted by reynunez View Post
    Hi Everyone

I have been trying to configure SSL with Kettle on a Postgresql connection. There are many articles in the internet in relation to this, however everything points to
    change the Postgresql connection parameters. For what I am able to gather, you need to configure your JNDI connection by configuring the jdbc.properties file
    located at .../data-integeration/simple-jndi. I need to be able to set the parameter SSL=True in the connection string.

First I thought I could set this at the kettle.properties along with the database connection, however it doesn't take the parameter.

Have anybody able to configure this on a command line Linux installation?

Please advice..
    My boss was thinking completely out of the box when he proposed the following solution:
    Piggyback the configuration on another variable at the kettle.properties as follow:

# SOURCE DATABASE
    HOST=your.database.connection.url
    PORT=5432
    DB=your_database_name?ssl=true&sslfactory=org.postgresql.ssl.NonValidatingFactory
    USER=your_user_id
    PASSWORD=your_password

It works!!