Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: CDE selector visibility for admin and users

Default CDE selector visibility for admin and users

Hello,

I would like to know if we can set the visibility for different users in the CDE dashboard selector.
    For example in my dashboard, I have sales in different countries but i want that the administrator can see all the sale while other users can only see the sale in their country.
    How can i do that ?

Thanks.

if you're usnig mondrian/MDX, you can add row-level security to your schema - check the mondrian documentation on how to do that.
    If you're using standard SQL you can have your queries receive the user role as parameter and add additional filters based on the value of that role
    Pedro Vale
    --
    CTools Product Development
    http://www.webdetails.pt

i tried to use ${[securityrincipalName]} as parameter in selector's query but i got “Error processing component (selectorraffselector)”

in Property parameter i have
    name : username
    value: ${[securityrincipalName]}type : string
    private : true

and the query:
    with member [Measures].[Name] as '[Affectation.Licaffect].CurrentMember.UniqueName' select TopCount( filter({Descendants([Affectation.Licaffect].[All Affectation.Licaffects] ,[Affectation.Licaffect].[Licaffect])}, not isempty(([Affectation.Licaffect].CurrentMember)) ) , 50) on ROWS,
    {[Measures].[Name]} on Columns
    from [departement]
    where { ${username}='admin'}

Thank you very much in advance.

You need to check the server logs and try to figure out what's going on. That where clause in the mdx query looks really suspicious since you're expecting username to match a dimension name?

Also, make sure you enable Mondrian Role Mapping. There should be documentation online on how to do that.
    Pedro Vale
    --
    CTools Product Development
    http://www.webdetails.pt