Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Location of CDE Dashboard files/solution folders in the file structure?

Default Location of CDE Dashboard files/solution folders in the file structure?

For the life of me I cannot find where Pentaho stores the user-created CDE Dashboard files in the file structure? I am using the Community Edition, and I assumed that all the files would be stored in /biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions. When I sign into the Pentaho User Console and select Browse Files, the folders I see do not match what I see in the pentaho-solutions directory. For example, there is a "Steel Wheels" folder in the Browse Files pane, but I cannot find it in the Pentaho directory. Similarly, if I create a folder and a CDE Dashboard within it, I cannot find it in the Pentaho directory. I have done find / -name "*.wcdf" and it doesn't find the CDE Dashboard I created.
    I have tried a couple tutorials (including the CDF Tutorial bundle available on community.pentaho.com) where I manually create the CDF files, such as index.properties, index.xml, the .xcdf file and .html file, and if I place the files in a folder in the /biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions directory (and of course, stop and start the Pentaho server), I do not see the dashboard show up in the Browse Files pane through the Pentaho User Console. This is the very first lesson in the CDF tutorial, and I can't get it to work.
    Creating folders and files through the PUC must mean they are stored somewhere in the directory structure; likewise, if we manually create the files per the tutorials, they must be able to be placed somewhere for the PUC to pick them up. Can anyone please help? Sadly, I have already spent hours on this and not sure I will be able to figure this out without some help. Thank you.

You assumed wrong. They are stored in the jcr repository.

You need to download the files if you want to access them that way
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel