Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pentaho as a client of SOAP web service

Default Pentaho as a client of SOAP web service

Hi,

I need your help to start builind client of SOAP WS. Sure, I need to send XML via POST method to WS. Possible with Pentaho?
    Any can give me some idea how to start; how to send request and how to parse XML response.

In documentation of HTTP Post (http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/EAI/HTTP+Post) they say "If a file is defined in the Request entity field, its contents will be posted if this option is checked."
    But I do not think "Request entity field" Is to define file path. So I should read XML request in some way from file. How?

Thanks a lot for help,

G.
    Last edited by Gosforth; 06-25-2017 at 04:02 PM.

There is a very useful example included in the installation: Look under samples/transformations for "General - Annotated SOAP Web Service call - dialog.ktr"

This has become the basis for most SOAP interactions in my ETL.

Thank you - I found a solution menwhile but I will study that example also.

Quote Originally Posted by Gosforth View Post
    But I do not think "Request entity field" Is to define file path. So I should read XML request in some way from file. How?
    You can "HTTP-post" either a file or a string from a field - that's the request entity field. But be aware that they behave slightly differently and you may get errors unless you post a file.

Getting XML from field (for instance from step "Modified Java Script Value") NEVER works for me.
    I really do not know how to handle that. I have transformation where I generate dynamically XML file so I cannot put pointer to static file :-(
    How to hadle that?

Quote Originally Posted by Isha Lamboo View Post
    There is a very useful example included in the installation: Look under samples/transformations for "General - Annotated SOAP Web Service call - dialog.ktr"

This has become the basis for most SOAP interactions in my ETL.
    This example is key factor - it works!