Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Can not create a bar chart from mysql table

Default Can not create a bar chart from mysql table

Hi,

I am new to Pentaho.

I have followed this tutorial http://holowczak.com/installing-pent...alytics-tools/ and installed Pentaho Community Edition 7.1.

1. Created a datasource for a mysql table leads
    2. Created measures and dimensions for the leads table

But I am not able to create a report using OLAP Chart from the table.

I have included order value as a measure and id, partner id, lead status as dimensions.

But this does not help to create a bar chart. I see many exceptions in the tomcat console related to mdx query and other stuff related to queries.

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)Caused by: pt.webdetails.cda.dataaccess.QueryException: Mondrian Error:Failed to parse query 'select NON EMPTY(TopCount({Descendants([LEAD].[All LEADs] ,[LEAD].[Id])}, 15)) on ROWS,
    NON EMPTY({Descendants([LEAD].[All LEADs] ,[LEAD].[Id]) * Descendants([LEAD].[All LEADs] ,[LEAD].[Created on])}) on Columns
    from [cashcare_prod]'
    Seems like measures and dimensions are not done correctly.

I looked over web to get some help. But could not find anything helpful. Can someone point out an tutorial/resource to udnerstand how to create reports on Pentaho BA?

Regards,
    Suraj
    Last edited by surajmundada; 07-03-2017 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Added console logs

Any help on this? I need to get this going so that I can solve this small trial report and try bigger reports. Any help would be great.
    Last edited by surajmundada; 07-04-2017 at 12:19 PM.