Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: correct function to find data relationship for brightness measurements

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post correct function to find data relationship for brightness measurements

Hi, I'm new in Weka.
    I'm working on a project in which I have to find relationships between the data detected by various sensors integrated into a glass panel (brightness, radiation, temperature) and data detected by only one sensor within the same room: the latter only detects brightness. In fact, the poject's goal is to be able to replace che traditional internal sensor inside the room with those integrated into the window. For this reason i have to use Weka.
    However, i don't know what function i have to use, cause i don't know what's the best one for my project. Also, i don't know what column data vectors I have to use.
    I tried to find a relationship by using "linear regression" and i used all the columns (but, maybe, this is wrong cause some of these irrilevant). I used the 9 variables detected by the window's sensors as INPUT and the "lux" variable detected by the internal sensor as OUTPUT. I didn't use the "time" vector.
    I explain the meaning of the 9 variables:
    ITT=internal traverse temperature IMT=internal upright temperature ETT=external traverse temperature
    ITR=internal traverse radiation IMR=internal upright radiation ETR=external traverse radiation
    ITL=internal traverse brightness IML=internal upright brightness ETL=external traverse brightness

"Internal" and "External" are the position of the sensors (on the outside glass or on the inside glass of the window). "Traverse" and "Upright" are the ways in which sensor are positioned. "Temperature, Radiation, Brightness" are what the sensors detect.

"Lux" in the only one rilevation of the internal sensor and this is in terms of brightness.

So, my question is: what kind of function and what columns i have to take to find the most correct relationships?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default correct function to find data relationship for brightness measurements

Hi, I'm new in Weka.
    I'm working on a project in which I have to find relationships between the data detected by various sensors integrated into a glass panel (brightness, radiation, temperature) and data detected by only one sensor within the same room: the latter only detects brightness. In fact, the poject's goal is to be able to replace che traditional internal sensor inside the room with those integrated into the window. For this reason i have to use Weka.
    However, i don't know what function i have to use, cause i don't know what's the best one for my project. Also, i don't know what column data vectors I have to use.
    I tried to find a relationship by using "linear regression" and i used all the columns (but, maybe, this is wrong cause some of these irrilevant). I used the 9 variables detected by the window's sensors as INPUT and the "lux" variable detected by the internal sensor as OUTPUT. I didn't use the "time" vector.
    I explain the meaning of the 9 variables:
    ITT=internal traverse temperature IMT=internal upright temperature ETT=external traverse temperature
    ITR=internal traverse radiation IMR=internal upright radiation ETR=external traverse radiation
    ITL=internal traverse brightness IML=internal upright brightness ETL=external traverse brightness
    "Internal" and "External" are the position of the sensors (on the outside glass or on the inside glass of the window). "Traverse" and "Upright" are the ways in which sensor are positioned. "Temperature, Radiation, Brightness" are what the sensors detect.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files