Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How to clear cache in Pentaho

Default How to clear cache in Pentaho

I am using Pentaho CE 7. My dimensions keep changing frequently and I need the changes to be applied to the dashboard, this is not possible because Pentaho keeps caching. I have created the cube using the datasource wizard and the querys using mdx over mondrian jndi. Even though I set the property Cache to false or set cache duration doesn't seem to work. Is there a API that I can use with mondrian jndi to clear cache? Or are there any property files that I should change? Please help.

you're hitting this bug here: http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PRD-5865.
    for 7.0 and 7.1 CE you'll need to wait for 8.0 for a fix or compile the platform yourself.

Alternatively, you can also build a jsp with the following call:

// grabs the default server, and clear the schema cache. It neither needs an ID nor a active mondrian connection to work.
    MondrianServer.forId(null).getAggregationManager().getCacheControl(null, null).flushSchemaCache();
    and deploy it into the pentaho webapp. Calling the jsp will clear all mondrian caches. Note that you'll need to secure the access to the jsp so that only admins can clear cache.
    Pedro Vale
    --
    CTools Product Development
    http://www.webdetails.pt

Thanks a lot, I successfully cleared the cache.

Hello!

Could someone share the jsp of the solution and a step-by-step guide on how to use it?

Thanks