Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pentaho 5.0 to Pentaho 7.0 is it possible?

Question Pentaho 5.0 to Pentaho 7.0 is it possible?

Hi,
    I am new on this forum. I am a System Engineer of an Italian IT Company. We have been working with Pentaho for many years an now is time to upgrade our pentaho version, due to our client's requirements. We have many users, permissions and reports saved in pentaho repository.

The question is very simple: Is there an upgrade path from pentaho 5.0 to Pentaho 7?

Thank's for any suggestion.

I have installed Pentaho 7.1 and try to import everything, and at 90% it works perfect, but for example I have problems with mondrian schema.xml

I will be attentive to the answers.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Moterosk View Post
    I have installed Pentaho 7.1 and try to import everything, and at 90% it works perfect, but for example I have problems with mondrian schema.xml

I will be attentive to the answers.

Good luck.
    Thank you Moterosk for your information, but afther a very long search, the answer to my question is NO! I'll start my project from scratch with the new release. Thank you againbut i consider this thread closed.

And what exactly doesn't work? With PDI jobs it's usually no problems, reports have to be opened and saved in the new version of PRD in order to work correctly on the server (but they often work as-is), Mondrian is still 3.x so the schema is compatible,... definitely no reason to "start from scratch".