Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: toggle 2 prepared Dashboards on the same layout in CDE

Default toggle 2 prepared Dashboards on the same layout in CDE

I'm trying to do something new (to me) with this CDE. I have my layouts all prepared, also my components and datasources.

I have 2 prepared CDE with diferent reports and Charts. All I Need to do is to make some change when I click on my Radio Buttons.

I have my Column layout called "Global", and my 2 CDE, "Dash_1" and "Dash_2". When I click in my Radio Button (Dash 2), I would like to Show "Dash_2", and with Button (Dash 1), I would like to show "Dash_1".

I will Need and apreciate some help.

I'd probably try to solve that by using the Dashboard component.

So I'd have a master dashboard with two dashboard components, one of them showing Dash_1 and the other showing Dash_2. I'd also have your radio and your button on this master dashboard. Then it's just a matter of wiring the show/hide of the component to the interaction with the button and the radio,
    Pedro Vale
    --
    CTools Product Development
    http://www.webdetails.pt

Thanks a lot,

I've finally did it with 2 diferents layouts (Global1 and Global2) with maximal span for every Dash1 and Dash2.

So the 1st is showed and the other is hided, with javascript in preExecution and also I added a function to the buttons. Then when I clicked, with javascript, I do the change by using "display: 'block'" and "display: 'none'" from Global1 and Global2.

When I have more extra time, I will try this other way.

In addition, thanks so much.

Question need your help.

Quote Originally Posted by chikoi13 View Post
    Thanks a lot,

I've finally did it with 2 diferents layouts (Global1 and Global2) with maximal span for every Dash1 and Dash2.

So the 1st is showed and the other is hided, with javascript in preExecution and also I added a function to the buttons. Then when I clicked, with javascript, I do the change by using "display: 'block'" and "display: 'none'" from Global1 and Global2.

When I have more extra time, I will try this other way.

In addition, thanks so much.
    Hi, I have the same task. Need to show few dashboards on the same page. It can be done with radiobuttons or tabs, for now it doesn't matter.
    The problem is that I'm totally new in Pentaho. Could you describe the process of creation of layout with 2 dashboards more specifically?

Thanks a lot.