Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: longtext data string cut logic

Default longtext data string cut logic

Hi Sir,Madam,

Java 1.7, MySQL, Windows.

below is my text in one of the column(Data type is longtext) in MySQL database. I should load the data only below highlighted blue colored data only. for all records below format is applicable, so i want to load data in between <p>....</p>. Could you please help on this which step is applicable for this scenario.

if possible please tell me other steps instead of java script step.

{"extensionList":[],"comments":[],"attachments":[],"format":"HTML","notificationFrom":"customercentral@m-ize.com","notificationTo":"kfisher@centralstatesbus.com","entityAsAttachment":"N","defns":[{"extensionList":[],"comments":[],"attachments":[],"subject":"update","body":"<p>Prompt supplier for shipping update will keep you posted. Thanks</p>"}],"intls":[],"links":[],"notifyToList":[]}
    Please ask me if you need more info.

Thank you

Default longtext data string cut logic

Hi Sir,Madam,

MySQL Innodb,Java 1.7, PDI 6.1

I am trying to load the data in between <p>....</p> text(blue colored one only). I used String cut step but no luck for me, can you please tell me what is best approach/Step?

{"extensionList":[],"comments":[],"attachments":[],"format":"HTML","notificationFrom":"customercentral@m-ize.com","notificationTo":"kfisher@centralstatesbus.com","entityAsAttachment":"N","defns":[{"extensionList":[],"comments":[],"attachments":[],"subject":"FW: part# 00127577","body":"<p>case as been setup as requested will advise. Thanks</p>"}],"intls":[],"links":[],"notifyToList":[]}

Name:  image_1.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  11.7 KB

Name:  image_2.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  16.1 KB

Thank you

Default string division

Hi Sir,Madam,

MySQL Innodb,Java 1.7, PDI 6.1

I am trying to load the data in between <p>....</p> text(blue colored one only). I used String cut step but no luck for me, can you please tell me what is best approach/Step?

{"extensionList":[],"comments":[],"attachments":[],"format":"HTML","notificationFrom":"customercentral@m-ize.com","notificationTo":"kfisher@centralstatesbus.com","entityAsAttachment":"N","defns":[{"extensionList":[],"comments":[],"attachments":[],"subject":"FW: part# 00127577","body":"<p>case as been setup as requested will advise. Thanks</p>"}],"intls":[],"links":[],"notifyToList":[]}

Thank you

You can try with the Regexp step and extract any character between <p> and </p>.
    -- Mick --

Hi.
    Have a look at the attached ktr.
    One ktr uses a java step which is not very efficient.
    The second one has a couple of Regex step and Replace in String. There are more steps but it's probably more efficient and easier to understand.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mick_data; 08-15-2017 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Added attachment and changed text
    -- Mick --

Thank you very much Mike. It worked.