Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Performance issue on table component

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Performance issue on table component

Dear,
    I have a dashboard made in Pentaho CDE 6.0. The loading takes almost 6 seconds. Views in the dashboard are:

• 1 table Component, showing Revenue for last 12 months, by Client with posibility to drill down 4 levels (Client, Responsible 1, Responsible 2, Project). The initial view is 280 rows, 14 columns. All 4 levels expanded would be approx. 4000 rows. Drill down functionality is based on a dynamic MDX query with TOGGLEDRILLSTATE passing the MDX path at an on at clickAction event.

• 1 table Component, showing Revenue for last 4 quarters, same requirements as above. All 4 levels expanded would be approx. 4000 rows.
    • 1 Bar chart Graph showing either tables graphically, depending on the selected row. I.e. a clickaction event on either table will trigger the bar chart view the clicked row.

My problem is that the performance of 6 seconds is too bad, especially because each drill down takes the same amount of time. The problem seems at the javascript level when rendering the 2 DataTables and not the loading time of the data itself. I attached an image of the Google chrome performance debugging.
    Could you help me find a solution?
    Thanks in advance.
    Stijn
    Attached Images Attached Images