Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: User Access for Auditing Purposes

Default User Access for Auditing Purposes

Hi

For IT Governance auditing purposes we need to report users, their roles and what the are able to access in their roles on our BI platform. We have set up our system to use a DB for storing user data. Apart from sitting with the user console and going through the users one by one, would any one be able to tell me of a way to report this kind of information? I thought I might be able to do so with SQL queries, but I was not able to get very far doing so.

Thanks

hi,
    pentaho has audit function and default is work, audit log default been write a log file, locationentaho-server\pentaho-solutions\system\logs\audit;
    if you want audit information store in database ,you can replace AuditFileEntry with AuditSQLEntry class in pentahoObjects.spring.xml file

Also, there are two plugins in the marketplace (at least for Pentaho 6.1) Pentaho CE Audit and Alfresco Audit Analysis and Reporting, maybe you can take a look at them and see if you can get something useful, I've installed Pentaho CE Audit in my development enviroment and taken a look at it, but haven't followed up, our needs for tracking usage of Pentaho aren't a priority, but I keep it in mind for future testing.
    Java: Openjdk 1.8.0_131
    Pentaho 6.1 CE