Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: BTable Datasource

Default BTable Datasource

Hi,

I have installed BTable in pentaho7 , it shows me the similar kind of error saying "A BTable datasource for the selected catalog does not exists!" and if I choose a different schema
    like "steelwheel" it shows the error "Error processing component (BTable)";
    Can you please help me to fix this..

Thumbs down Same problem here

Hi, we have exactly the same problem.
    Just the SteelWheels seems to work, what are the steps to create a datasource that is recognized by the BTable?

Thanks,

Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by srikantaj View Post
    Hi,

I have installed BTable in pentaho7 , it shows me the similar kind of error saying "A BTable datasource for the selected catalog does not exists!" and if I choose a different schema
    like "steelwheel" it shows the error "Error processing component (BTable)";
    Can you please help me to fix this..

Maybe try following the Tutorial on the BizTech website (the company that makes BTable) http://www.biztech.it/btable/

1. Create a mondrian schema (I use schema workbench. Click publish there, so your pentaho server get notice about the new schema)
    2. Add datasource to pentaho-solutions\system\BTable\resources\datasources (I always do it using the kettle transformations located in pentaho-solutions\system\BTable\endpoints\kettle, you have to set the parameters inside the job createCdaDatasource.kjb)
    3. Probably restart the server.

If I have problems with my schema, I test it with some other plugin first (e.g. Saiku Plugin). If everything is fine there, you should start looking into BTable components.
    Last edited by cutcha; 09-06-2017 at 03:36 AM.

Hi,
    first create an Analysis Data Source in your Pentaho server, then Tools -> BTable -> Data Sources -> Import Analysis Data Sources

Thanks! It worked perfectly, but it would be great to select which ones to add, since there seems to be no way to apply security over who sees each datasource.

Regards,

Pablo

Hi Pablo,

Import Analysis Data Sources creates CDA files in pentaho-solutions/system/BTable/resources/datasources... you could delete from here the files you don't want to use.
    Anyway BTable supports the Mondrian access-control https://mondrian.pentaho.com/documen...Access_control

Hi lukolap,
    I think what Pablo means is that a user can only see the schemas that he has access.
    For example if I have 3 schemas.

Schema1
    Schema2
    Schema3

A user with an Admin role would be able to see all of them, but if I have another user with a role that only has access to Schema1, on the Catalog section he should see only that schema (Schema1), but what actually happens is that this user sees all the schemas on Catalog, even if he had permissions or not.

Do you have any idea on how can we solve that?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by santiago_auditoria; 10-21-2017 at 11:37 AM.