Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: kettle over kettle TransFromFile

Lightbulb kettle over kettle TransFromFile

Hi All,

In kettle over kettle TransFromFile (CDE)

I just want to know the exact path where to place to KTR file so that file picker fetches (shows) my KTR file? Currently, i placed my file where file picker shows the sample ktr when I have placed my file on the same path, it does show the sample ktr but not mine

Thanks in Advance!

I believe you need to upload your ktr to the server.
    Pedro Vale
    --
    CTools Product Development
    http://www.webdetails.pt

Hello - when uploading a KTR to Pentaho CE 8, I don't see it in PUC, even though it's really there (I can use it in my CDE dashboard). How do I get it to show up in PUC?

FYI - I'm running CE 8 locally on my Win10 laptop. Fresh install. The PDI transformation is v7.1.

Thanks
    - rlm

Quote Originally Posted by rlmagidson View Post
    Hello - when uploading a KTR to Pentaho CE 8, I don't see it in PUC, even though it's really there (I can use it in my CDE dashboard). How do I get it to show up in PUC?

FYI - I'm running CE 8 locally on my Win10 laptop. Fresh install. The PDI transformation is v7.1.

Thanks
    - rlm
    I suggest you create a folder specifically for kettle transformations. When you upload those to Pentaho in CDE you won't be able to see it, as it won't show. However, from the dashboard editor you will be able to select it in the "Kettle over kettle TransFromFile" datasource.

Have you taken a look at pentaho-solutions/system/ImportHandlerMimeTypeDefinitions.xml in your Pentaho BI Server installation? They might be there with the hidden="true" tag, so if you change the tag and restart the server, you'll be able to see them. Or maybe if they're not there, by adding them you can see them. The purpose of the file it's not exactly that, it's to control the types of files you are allowed to upload to the repository, but it can work (although you can have security issues just as other users are allowed to upload those files)
    For more information, besides Pentaho documentation, I found that tip here:
    http://diethardsteiner.github.io/bis...5-Changes.html In the section Using some exotic file types?
    Regards
    Java: Openjdk 1.8.0_131
    Pentaho 6.1 CE