Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Cannot load image from url using image-field

Default Cannot load image from url using image-field

Hi!

I need to create a report that shows user names and their pictures, just that. The names are stored in a database, and the pictures show be get from a URL, which accepts as a parameter the userid.

So a created a query that returns the username and the url, already created to point for that user picture (eg.: https://academico.interlegis.leg.br/...img=2016/12/81).

Then in the report I used a text-field to show the username, and an image-field to show the URL.

Everything works nice in print preview, but when I publish the report to bi server, the images are not loaded!

Am I doing something wrong? Could any of you please point me to the right direction?

Best regards,
    Matheus

Solved!

There was no problem with image-field or Pentaho BI Server, but on my URL which provided the image.

As you saw, it's an HTTPS url, not HTTP. After some research, trials and errors, I found that the problem was on the server certificate, more specifically the fact that it was a Let's Encrypt generated certificate. It seems the JVM I used did not recognized the certificate and so could not load the image.

After upgrading to 1.8.0_144 the report worked as expected.

Hope it helps someone else.

Matheus