Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: MongoDB datasource - parameterizable connection details

Default MongoDB datasource - parameterizable connection details

Hello,

I just started to use Pentaho Reporting and I wanted to use MongoDB datasource.

But I cannot find any way, how to parametrize connection details (database name, ...). The string replacement syntax ${} is not working here.
    I need to parametrize database credentials and than run report creation from PDI via Pentaho Reporting step - and pass here some parameters.

I found a solution by using PDI transformation as data source for report (and pass variables in a way PDI (reporting step) -> reporter -> PDI (transformation defined as data source) ), but this not clean and it is not working well.

Can somebody help? Really is not possible to parametrize MongoDB data source connection?

You cannot replace structural elements of a query using the normal parameter syntax as it leaves it open to SQL injection

You can however use query scripting to do this

See my reply in this thread: http://forums.pentaho.com/showthread...rent-timezones

You can use the same idea to do what you want

Thank you for your answer, it was helpful.

I solved it by usage the Scriptable data source, where I use mongo driver for reading from database.