Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How to make a Report from Metadata file - Error

Question How to make a Report from Metadata file - Error

Hi all,

I have a problem about how to make a report from metadata file.
    When you have a metadata file (.xmi exported from Metadata Editor), in Report Designer how to work with this?

Usually, i create a metadata in data sets where i indicate the path to file and the domain id, can configure the query and deliver data, so far so good.

The problem appear when i publish that report on server and try to see it in Pentaho User Console. It is appear the next message: "Failed to parse query".

Looking the log file, i find this:

2017-09-29 09:26:18,237 ERROR [org.pentaho.metadata.query.model.util.QueryXmlHelper] Metadata model [C:\Pentaho\design-tools\metadata-editor\samples] doesn't exist. Please check the existence of the model
    2017-09-29 09:26:18,237 ERROR [org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.extensions.datasources.pmd.SimplePmdDataFactory] error
    org.pentaho.pms.core.exception.PentahoMetadataException: QueryXmlHelper.ERROR_0009 - Domain Instance C:\Pentaho\design-tools\metadata-editor\samples returned null

Metada file exists and the path is correct, so why to say me that doesn't exist. i don`t understand.

Are there other ways to work with metada file (.xmi) in Report Designer? I would like to know if it's possible other option.

Thanks.

Although i would have liked to solve this problem, i no longer need to fix it because i will no longer use this tool for the moment.

So, please close the thread if it's possible.