Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: what will happen if one slave go down on cluster mode

Question what will happen if one slave go down on cluster mode

As I know,the transformation in this server will be lost,so is there a way to dispatch the transformation to another server when this server down.If not ,how to resume the transformation that is lost.

I think if you use dynamic cluster then, master server will first check the available active slave servers then assign transformation to run.

Quote Originally Posted by rajeshbcrec View Post
    I think if you use dynamic cluster then, master server will first check the available active slave servers then assign transformation to run.
    Thanks for your reply bro.
    If I use dynamic cluster and do the transformation,the master will dispatch transformation to the available slave,but if one of the slave is down after master dispatch the transformation,the transformation in this slave server will lost and I don't found a solution for now.

in that case you can try to use acknowledgement kind of thing, like once the transformation is success , slave server will send status to master.

if master is not getting acknowledgement from slave then it will check the server status again manually, if down then start the transformation again.
    I think in this case you have to implement restartability also for data stability.