Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Job Scheduling, interval from database

Default Job Scheduling, interval from database

Is there a way to get the job interval parameter from a field of parameters table in a database.

PDI CE: 6.0.1

what is the method you are following to schedule the jobs? it depends upon that.

I can't create a cron job or a windows task to schedule it, i need to do it inside PDI. My intention is to start the job once and then they control yourself when to execute based on this interval parameter.

I would like to do this in Job's Start step, but the interval parameter can't receive a variable. Don't known if this is the best way to do this, I'm accepting suggestions.

scheduling within spoon is not best way in my opinion.

as you can not use crontab or window scheduler , so you can some scheduling tools to schedule your kettle jobs and transformation.

If want to schedule only in spoon then i thin we have to loop the job each time and compare with your db value to get a success and execute the job.

Can you give more brief regarding your requirement?
    As per my understanding, you want to run the job at variable intervals. Is that right? If so first you need to know what is all possible interval may fall in your requirement and pick the lowest one and schedule for it. In the job, you should have a logical condition to check whether to run the job or not. If it passes the condition let it run the job else stop it. Coming to which scheduler, most of the 3rd party scheduler will try to trigger the os scheduler like cron / windows task manager so I would recommend you to use cron / windows task manager.
    Last edited by rsdp; 10-05-2017 at 02:09 AM. Reason: typo