Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Can't view roles and system roles radio buttons in Spoon client security window

Default Can't view roles and system roles radio buttons in Spoon client security window

I am using spoon client 7.1 and my repository resides in Oracle database I am trying to see,edit or create roles as shown in this image. https://ibb.co/nxLFdw

I found the documentation for this under https://help.pentaho.com/Documentati...the_PDI_Client

The problem is I can't view roles of admin user or even see the roles button. Is this because I am missing some configuration? I could not find anyone else with same issue or any forum post on this.
    Last edited by harhayer89; 10-02-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Are you connected to a Pentaho repository? When connected to a file or database repository you don't see that sheet

I am connected to database repository and once I connect and able to browse the repository explorer I go to security tab where I see users for the repository but I can not see any roles as I showed in my screenshot. The documentation says I should see roles,users and system roles button in security tab but it is missing in my case.
    Last edited by harhayer89; 10-03-2017 at 10:17 AM.

The description is about a Pentaho repository and not a database repository. In a database repository you don't have roles

So every user that gets created in database repository has full access. Better question would be how do i create now user in repository and limit their access to maybe read only or a certain transformations?