Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Failed to call a DB function n times from the step Input Table

Default Failed to call a DB function n times from the step Input Table

Hi everyone, my question is:
    The execution starts by reading the information from a CSV file to analyze the data and sends the result to the table entry step and in this step I call a DB function for each previous step output. Before the process finishes I get the error

2017/10/02 09:26:53 - Entrada Tabla.0 - ERROR (version 4.2.0-stable, build 15748 from 2011-09-08 13.11.42 by buildguy) : ERROR: memoria compartida agotada
    2017/10/02 09:26:53 - Entrada Tabla.0 - ERROR (version 4.2.0-stable, build 15748 from 2011-09-08 13.11.42 by buildguy) : Hint: Puede ser necesario incrementar max_locks_per_transaction.

Any clue?

Kettle Version: 4.2.0
    Tomcat 7
    Java 7

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

please post the error in english.

it does not seems to be kettle issue , looks like you will have to change in db to allow more number of connection.

You are getting a database error, what database are you using? Have you looked at that error message for that database forum/community/support?
    Java: Openjdk 1.8.0_131
    Pentaho 6.1 CE

Quote Originally Posted by Ana GH View Post
    You are getting a database error, what database are you using? Have you looked at that error message for that database forum/community/support?
    Hi, yes it is a database error but it occurs when invoking n times a stored procedure in postgresql. That's why I wanted to know if there is any step or mechanism to release resources between each call. On the other hand if you increase the parameters of postgres it may happen that when trying to read a larger CSV, the same error occurs again.
    Variable was increased to:
    max_locks_per_transaction = 128

ERROR: out of shared memory
    HINT: You might need to increase max_locks_per_transaction.

Best regards
    Mariano

Kettle Version: 4.2.0
    Tomcat 7
    Java 7
    PostgreSQL 9.5.3 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (Debian 4.9.2-10) 4.9.2, 64-bit
    Last edited by Camarzana Mariano; 10-03-2017 at 09:03 AM.

You can try executing the procedure for each input row, but if you have a lot of rows, this would be inefficient. In the Advanced tab of the Job Entry configuration you can check the "Execute for every input row" property.
    Regards
    Java: Openjdk 1.8.0_131
    Pentaho 6.1 CE

are you calling same procedure n times with different parameter?

what is the exact scenario, we might think of some other solution if we know the exact situation.

Quote Originally Posted by rajeshbcrec View Post
    are you calling same procedure n times with different parameter?

what is the exact scenario, we might think of some other solution if we know the exact situation.

Firstly recover the data from a CSV file by modifying some columns and the output takes the step Input Table. Because of this the function runs as many times as row records contain the CSV file.
    I was able to solve the error using the step Query database
    Attached Images Attached Images