Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: REST Client with Array parameter no detects parameter of it is not right defined

Exclamation REST Client with Array parameter no detects parameter of it is not right defined

Hi, I'm trying to call a REST Web Service (of clickmeeting) with REST Client with method POST, but the WS require that the parameter is an array. But when I call the WS it return like no parameter is found. Next I describe:

What the WS requires:

POST https://api.clickmeeting.com/v1/conferences/<:room_id>/registration
    X-Api-Key: MY_API_KEY
    Params:
    (int) room_id room identifier.
    1 - first name.
    2 - second name.
    3 - email address.
    or describe in other way
    $params = array(
    'registration' => array(
    1 => 'John',
    2 => 'Dee',
    3 => 'example@domain.com',
    ),
    );

If I use via curl it works:

curl --request POST https://api.clickmeeting.com/v1/conf...6/registration --header "X-Api-Key:eu802b39133234343243242347126a6" --data "registration[1]=John&registration[2]=Smith&registration[3]=jsmith@gmail.com"

What I do (the different options that I've Tried)

Option1) the array as constant with following: registration[1]=John&registration[2]=Smith&registration[3]=jsmith@gmail.com
    Option2) as Json that return the json with field 1,2,3 with json bloc name "registration"
    Option3) include constant as parameter with &registration=John,Smith,jsmith@gmail.com

Always it returns as no found the array parameter:

{"code":422,"name":"VALIDATION_ERRORS","errors":[{"name":1,"message":"The "First Name" field is required and can`t be empty."},{"name":2,"message":"The "Last Name" field is required and can`t be empty."},{"name":3,"message":"The "Email Address" field is required and can`t be empty."}]}

Thanks in advance

You didn't show exactly what you did with the REST-Client step, but AFAICS Option3 is not supported by the ClickMeeting API.
    Use your key in the attached demo and see where it gets you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.