Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Startup Rule Engine for 7.1?

Default Startup Rule Engine for 7.1?

All,

I have tried both a manual (.zip) and Marketplace installation of StartupRuleEngine v15.10.21 without success. I have a custom installation of 7.1 BA server using Tomcat and had to copy the .jar file into WEB-INF/lib and manually modify the applicationContext-spring-security.xml according to this post for 6.0 in the forum

Still no luck, I get an immediate exception thrown when tomcat starts up (and yes, I've tried multiple times per the docs), complaining about:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/security/event/authentication/AuthenticationSuccessEvent
    at pt.webdetails.cpk.SessionListener.onApplicationEvent(SessionListener.java:105)
    at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.invokeListener(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:166)
    at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster$1.run(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:133)

It appears to be related the session listener being moved to the WEB-INF directory. Any ideas?

I was looking for something else this weekend and found a link to a new listener https://github.com/oncase/startup-listener which should work for 7.x. Anyone else tried this one?

Tried the library mentioned in my last post, but no go. Even after fixing the POM, updating to the 7.1 jars and trying with various configuration, it still crashes. Any pointers would be appreciated. If you know where the original sources are for the cpk-pentaho5-session-listener-TRUNK-SNAPSHOT.jar, I would also appreciate that as I will make an attempt to fix it.