Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Spoon crashes when manipulating large SQL statements in "Table Input" step on Mac

Exclamation Spoon crashes when manipulating large SQL statements in "Table Input" step on Mac

Hi,

My Spoon crashes (closing instantly without any message) when manipulating large SQL statements in "Table Input" step on MacOS Sierra or older MacOS versions. This happens when I open a Table Input step and delete all SQL code from it with the backspace key or when I paste other code about the existing one. Sometime it would work for the first Table Input step and then crashes at the second or third. This does not happen that often with SQL statements that contain less characters.
    I found out that a crash dump is created in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ each time this happens but I cannot interpret this. I have attached it. java_2017-10-16-105826_mac264-ip-gl.txt

I have tried to open a ticket at http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PDI-16163

but it has been closed wit "Cannot reproduce". However it happens very often to me and I am wondering if someone has an idea.

Thanks for any feedback.

Default Spoon crashes when manipulating large SQL statements in "Table Input" step on Mac

Hi,

My Spoon crashes (closing instantly without any message) when manipulating large SQL statements in "Table Input" step on MacOS Sierra or older MacOS versions. This happens when I open a Table Input step and delete all SQL code from it with the backspace key or when I paste other code about the existing one. Sometime it would work for the first Table Input step and then crashes at the second or third. This does not happen that often with SQL statements that contain less characters.
    I found out that a crash dump is created in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ each time this happens but I cannot interpret this. I have attached it. java_2017-10-16-105826_mac264-ip-gl.txt

I have tried to open a ticket at http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PDI-16163

but it has been closed wit "Cannot reproduce". However it happens very often to me and I am wondering if someone has an idea.

Thanks for any feedback.