Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Including External Data From Transformation Executor

Default Including External Data From Transformation Executor

I want to use a Transformation Executor since I'm trying to compartmentalize a lot of the similar kind of work into one location so if there are any issues, I only have to go to one place to make modifications. The issue I ran into is how to get the non-used data through

Name:  TransformationExecutorExample.PNG
Views: 41
Size:  5.0 KB

In the "Get Data of Customer" section, I'm pulling out information about a customer
    • Name
    • SSN
    • DOB
    • Address
    • City
    • State
    • Zip

In the "Add Person to Database" I'm adding the "Name, SSN, and DOB" to the database with the SSN modified to be encrypted. It returns the "person_id" back as the results.

In the "Insert/Update: MyBorrowers" I want to insert the the following information:
    • person_id
    • Address
    • City
    • State
    • Zip

What I'm running into is that I can only get either the "person_id" or the "Address, City, State, and Zip", but not both. I don't know how to get both of those to one location.

My question is: "How do I get both the person_id and the Address, City, State, and Zip into one stream to be used in the Insert/Update:MyBorrowers when using a Transformation Executor?"

Make another input step to get the columns you want, then merge the two streams? Just remember to make the column layout identical in the two streams before merging.

So I figured out the answer. What I wasn't understanding is that you have to define the fields you want back inside of the "Result rows" tab.

If I put in

• person_id
    • Address
    • City
    • State
    • Zip

within that tab, I would've gotten it back.

@Sparkles, Thank You.