Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Get real file names from a folder without selecting the file

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Get real file names from a folder without selecting the file

Hi,

Is there an option to get the file(s) name in a folder, without selecting the file?

I only have the folder path and I need to detect if there is a file and then get the file name.

Thanks

PDI 8.0.0
    MySQL - 5.6.27
    Redshift - 1.0.1485
    PostgreSQL 8.0.2
    OS - Ubuntu 10.04.2

Yes, that is the step that I'm using, however I'm including the folder path in "file or directory" but it is returning the folder name as the filename. I don't know how define that search files inside that folder

I guess you need to specify the regexp for all files:

.*\..*
    Last edited by DepButi; 10-27-2017 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Missing dot!

Thanks! yes I understand how "Get File Names" works and I'm using it.

However I have another question... once I using it I need to send the filename to a "send mail" but other constants can not be reading by the mail. it is showing a message that "Get File Names" contain 12 or more rows and so I'm mixing rows order.

How can I extract the fieldname column only or the uri field only? I use "select values" but I received the message again, maybe I'm using wrong

So I don't know if is better to use add filenames to result in the job but I dont know how set a new variable with the result to use it in the transformation... do you know how can I save results in a variable?

Quote Originally Posted by Cris123 View Post
    However I have another question... once I using it I need to send the filename to a "send mail" but other constants can not be reading by the mail. it is showing a message that "Get File Names" contain 12 or more rows and so I'm mixing rows order.
    Sorry, I cannot understand ... could you post your transformation so we can take a look. Unsure of what are you trying to do! "contain 12 or more rows" is meaningless to me! I guess the exact message is not that one and probably coming from another step.

Quote Originally Posted by Cris123 View Post
    How can I extract the fieldname column only or the uri field only? I use "select values" but I received the message again, maybe I'm using wrong
    The get file names step provides all parts on its own:
    filename : full specification
    short_filename : just file and extension
    path : just the path
    uri and rooturi also available