Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: pentaho data source not showing fields

Question pentaho data source not showing fields

I have a pentaho report that was working, using pentaho datasource. I had to re-do the PDI transformation so I was re-doing my report.

(That's another thing, why can't I just change a datasource for a subreport? I end up re-doing them - quite a bit)

Sorry. Continuing...

Now I cannot get the fields to show for a query. I have a transformation with about 5 db queries on it. They're fine. When I use the .ktr, I can "preview" and see all the correct data. However, when I try and use the query, I can't "select" it and have the fields show. I've tried a new report, which has worked for this in the past, but nothing is working. Here's what it looks like:

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 3.27.23 PM.png
Views: 224
Size:  11.4 KB

You'll notice that the folder icon has a horizontal line through it. That's all that happens when you select that query. Trying to use it when you create a sub report, same thing.

I'm using PRD 7.1 and PDI 7.1 on a mac.

Thank you kindly for any guidance.

hai, you need to check the connection database first

Hello,

The database connection is doing fine. The PDI steps show the appropriate data for each query. Also, in the datasource query dialog, using "preview" the data shows up perfectly. The problem is that the fields don't show up to be used in the report.

Thank you,
    Valeri