Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Rest Client JSON application type and PUT method returns 415-Unsupported media type

Default Rest Client JSON application type and PUT method returns 415-Unsupported media type

Hi, I'm using PDI-7.0 and trying to call a REST Web Service with REST Client with method PUT, JSON application type. It fails with response code 415.
    The Content-Type and Authorization are added in the REST Client headers and the request body string is JSON format. Do not know why it still returns 415-Unsupported media type.

In my transformation, all the required fields are defined in the modified script that is before the REST Client.

modified java script:
    var type = "application/json";
    var auth = "Basic cm9vdDpyb290MTIzNEA=";
    var url = 'http://localhost:8080/dm-rest-services/api/accounts/2148/userdefinedpages/ACCOUNTINFO/data/11';
    var bd = '{"tableName": "ACCOUNTINFO","rowId": 11,"userDefinedData": [{"fieldName": "UDEFACCOUNTBALANCE","fieldValue": 550}]}';

REST Client
    General tab
    Accept URL from field => checked
    URL field => url
    HTTP Method => PUT
    Body field => bd (In JSON format and defined in modifed java script step)
    Application type =>JSON

Headers tab
    Field | Name
    type|Content-Type
    auth|Authorization

Name:  fields-token.jpg
Views: 1125
Size:  18.4 KB
    Name:  rest-client-general.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  16.9 KB
    Name:  rest-client-header.jpg
Views: 1116
Size:  13.7 KB
    Name:  Error.jpg
Views: 1115
Size:  23.0 KB

Default Rest Client JSON application type and PUT method returns 415-Unsupported media type

Hi, I'm using PDI-7.0 and trying to call a REST Web Service with REST Client with method PUT, JSON application type. It fails with response code 415.
    I have Content-Type and Authorization added in the REST Client headers and the request body string is JSON format. Do not know why it still returns 415-Unsupported media type.

In my transformation, all the required fields are defined in the modified script that is before the REST Client.

modified java script:
    var type = "application/json";
    var auth = "Basic cm9vdDpyb290MTIzNEA=";
    var url = 'http://localhost:8080/dm-rest-services/api/accounts/2148/userdefinedpages/ACCOUNTINFO/data/11';
    var bd = '{"tableName": "ACCOUNTINFO","rowId": 11,"userDefinedData": [{"fieldName": "UDEFACCOUNTBALANCE","fieldValue": 550}]}';

REST Client
    General tab
    Accept URL from field => checked
    URL field => url
    HTTP Method => PUT
    Body field => bd (In JSON format and defined in modifed java script step)
    Application type =>JSON

Headers tab
    Field | Name
    type|Content-Type
    auth|Authorization
    Attached Images Attached Images