Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Why Pentaho continue reading file input after a switch condition?

Lightbulb Why Pentaho continue reading file input after a switch condition?

Hello everybody

I have a process that must read file just if the respected condition is enable.
    My problem is that, if a enable read one file input , it continue reading all my files. Can anybody help me ?

Name:  pasos.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  22.3 KB

Regards

Looks like your switches are used more like if-tests. The purpose with switch/case is that you can have one simple step instead of the 6 steps you got.

For your question, I have no idea why you get multiple files. Can you share transformation because the image is not enough to test what's going on in your case.

Because PDI is not a traditional programming language.

All steps initialize at the same time, and will execute as soon as they can.
    So... If your text inputs are not depending on receiving any information, they will fire on initialization, and feed their data down to the end of their stream.

Alternatively, if your File Output steps are not configured with the "Do not create file at start" checked (HINT: Default is to not check this), then they will create the file as soon as they initialize, anticipating that they will receive rows.