Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: need help - setting pentaho as windows service - wrapper.conf options

Question need help - setting pentaho as windows service - wrapper.conf options

Hello,
    I have Pentaho job created on my dev server and I am trying to call Pentaho job from API (when user click on button).
    I need Pentaho to run in background in my dev server as windows service so my API can execute the Pentaho Job.

I was referring following URL and facing issue in setting up the parameter (wrapper.app.parameter.3) , I need help what value to set for this parameter.
    http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/EAI/...indows+Service

More details
    Installed Pentaho Data Integration Community Edition 7.1 on my dev server (windows server)
    .Net application is having 1 page which has 1 button. When user click on button we are calling API which needs to call Pentaho Job on our server
    I am trying to setup Pentaho as Windows Service so Pentaho will run in background always (so that our API can execute the Pentaho Job)
    Note: Pentaho job working fine when opening spoon on dev server and running job.

please give your inputs.

You have to place the ip adres of your dev server in the wrapper.app.parameter.3

Thank you johanhammink, I will try and verify.