Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: IMPORTANT - we have a new forum

Exclamation IMPORTANT - we have a new forum

With the move to Hitachi Vantara we're not letting the community go away - exactly on the contrary. And one of the first things is trying to give the community a new home, in here: http://community.pentaho.com

The Pentaho Data Integration space can now be found in here: https://community.hds.com/community/...ta-integration

Cheers!

-pedro
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel

Hi, Pedro
    same account? I'm not able to login. Have you migrated the accounts or should we create a new one?
    thanks

Unfortunately the accounts are not "migratable"

You need to create a new one
    Pedro Alves

Hi Pedro,
    does it mean that all old posts will be deleted/removed?

Or there will be 2 forums, an old one and a new one?
    Being expert at data Migration, I expect that the new forum will have old posts!
    -- Mick --

I mentioned this on twitter already, but I'm unable to create an account there =( besides, I'm thinking I don't fit the profile the site wants =p I don't fit any of the Job Titles presented on their dropdown menu, the name field won't accept accentuation ("Hi there, I'm João" - "Please enter a valid field value") and even if I remove the ~, when I press "Complete Registration" nothing happens (using Chrome 62 x64, I won't even try it on the company's secondary browser, Firefox ESR 38)
    Join us on IRC! =)

Twitter / Google+ / Timezone: BRT-BRST
    BI Server & PDI 5.4 / MS SQL 2012 / Learning CDE & CTools
    Windows 8 64-bit / Java 7 (jdk1.8.0_75)

Quote Originally Posted by gutlez
    PLEASE NOTE: No forum member is going to do your work for you. We will help you sort out how to do a specific part of the work, as best we can, in the timelines that our work will allow us.

I'm no expert.Take my comments at your own risk.

I finally got to successfully register! Now I was checking my started threads here, to follow people that helped me here over on the new community site... a doubt appeared: this place is getting locked up for new stuff but staying up, right? There's WAY too much knowledge here to trash it...
    Join us on IRC! =)

Twitter / Google+ / Timezone: BRT-BRST
    BI Server & PDI 5.4 / MS SQL 2012 / Learning CDE & CTools
    Windows 8 64-bit / Java 7 (jdk1.8.0_75)

Quote Originally Posted by gutlez
    PLEASE NOTE: No forum member is going to do your work for you. We will help you sort out how to do a specific part of the work, as best we can, in the timelines that our work will allow us.

I'm no expert.Take my comments at your own risk.

I wonder why the company owning Kettle isn't able to migrate accounts and contents

Anyway, I find this forum format more useful, the hierarchical format is easier when you want to read new updates since last time you connected. In my experience, the "correct answer feature" the other forum uses it's not useful 90% of the time, because the correct answer is spread between various answers, we don't usually provide all the details to get a correct answer in one thread, so it requires various questions-answers to get all the details.
    Java: Openjdk 1.8.0_131
    Pentaho 6.1 CE

Yep - the goal is to leave this as read-only!
    Pedro Alves

The new "forum" is completely unusable, the UX is awful and it is ion no way user friedly.

That is a big step back.

Regards,
    Xanathon

Quote Originally Posted by xanathon View Post
    The new "forum" is completely unusable, the UX is awful and it is ion no way user friedly.

That is a big step back.

Regards,
    Xanathon
    +1

Unusable is the word. No migration is a major mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by xanathon View Post

That is a big step back.

Regards,
    Xanathon

Can you elaborate more on this? It's a pretty vague statement and I'm very interested in making sure we provide the better experience possible
    Pedro Alves

I went to this new 'forum'... Doesn't look like a forum to me. Is this also a great new Atlassian / Jira 'innovation'? I miss any topic list like real forums. I stick to this forum for now, with all it's flaws. It seems it's being used still.