Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Running 'job' under Spark Adaptive Execution Layer

Default Running 'job' under Spark Adaptive Execution Layer

Hello,

I've started the pdi-daemon successfully on my machine under HDP Sandbox. Now I want to run a 'JOB' under Spark, but under Spoon I'm not able to run a job under Spark. Seems like it is available only for 'Transformation'. Is that true?

Is there a way to run a 'Job' under Spark AEL? I read somewhere that I can 'submit' a job using 'spark-submit'. Can someone point me to some documentation?

Thanks.

Did you create a Run Configuration for Spark? See my blog post for me details.
    Best regards,
    Diethard
    ===============
    Visit my Pentaho blog which offers some tutorials mainly on Kettle, Report Designer and Mondrian
    ===============

Hi achitre. I'm not sure what are you trying to accomplish. It doesn't make really much sense to me trying to run a "Job" under Spark AEL, since Spark is used as a processing engine and all the "processing" work happens inside a transformation. I recommend you to check out this answer in the PDI FAQ: What's the difference between transformations and jobs.

Considering you want to use Spark Submit, there are a few differences from using pdi-daemon and spark as a transformation engine, as it's more similar to running a native "spark-submit" as you might know. I find this a good reading on this subject: Using Spark With PDI