Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: automatic ETL run once system is restarted.

Default automatic ETL run once system is restarted.

Hi Sir,Madam,

our environment is PDI 6.1, Windows, Java 1.7, MySQL and using Task scheduler for my scheduled ETL process.

We are facing issue with scheduled ETL when system is restarting automatically based windows updates. here is the scenario.

1. we scheduled ETL @ 2:00 AM in production environment and few times Windows is updating automatically and restarting respectively, on next day ETL is not taking care automatically.
    2. we manually starting the etl during this issue scenario.

Seems to be automatic updates in Production environment is not correct approach so we disabled it. But we may be miss important system updates regarding security levels.

my request is , is there way/steps to enable in Task scheduler i.e. ETL is able to run automatically once system is restarted ?

is Wake the computer to run the task, is helpful for me ? in Task scheduler conditions tab

Thanks,
    Santhi

Looks like a Task Scheduler problem to me.

Name:  230506.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  12.9 KB

Thank you Marabu Sir.
    So i need to take care of it manually when system is restarted.

I didn't say that.

My point is if the task is configured correctly, you shouldn't have to worry about system restarts.

In the task properties, in the General tab you could also try selecting Run whether user is logged on or not. That coupled with what Marabu said should allow automatic execution after a restart (Marabu's suggestion is located in the Settings tab of the task)