Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Unable to export a report using prpt file in PDI

Default Unable to export a report using prpt file in PDI

Hi every one,

Actually i'm new to spoon application, i'm trying to export a report by using prpt file in spoon, i have download "pentaho reporting output" plugin and integrated with spoon and gave all the settings required to generate the report. Actually i have followed a video in youtube and did all the steps according to the video but in that video report got generated but for me it is giving some error while running the transformation, and the error message is:

Pentaho Reporting Output.0 - ERROR (version 7.1.0.0-12, build 1 from 2017-05-16 17.18.02 by buildguy) : Unexpected error
    Pentaho Reporting Output.0 - ERROR (version 7.1.0.0-12, build 1 from 2017-05-16 17.18.02 by buildguy) : java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.pentaho.reporting.libraries.resourceloader.LibLoaderBoot.createDefaultHierarchicalConfiguration(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;ZLjava/lang/ClassLorg/pentaho/reporting/libraries/base/config/Configuration;
    Pentaho Reporting Output.0 - at org.pentaho.reporting.libraries.resourceloader.LibLoaderBoot.loadConfiguration(LibLoaderBoot.java:59)
    Pentaho Reporting Output.0 - at org.pentaho.reporting.libraries.base.boot.AbstractBoot.getGlobalConfig(AbstractBoot.java:112)
    Pentaho Reporting Output.0 - at org.pentaho.reporting.libraries.resourceloader.DefaultResourceManagerBackend.registerDefaultLoaders(DefaultResourceManagerBackend.java:443)
    Pentaho Reporting Output.0 - at org.pentaho.reporting.libraries.resourceloader.ResourceManager.registerDefaultLoaders(ResourceManager.java:654)
    Pentaho Reporting Output.0 - at org.pentaho.reporting.libraries.resourceloader.ResourceManager.registerDefaults(ResourceManager.java:522)
    Pentaho Reporting Output.0 - at org.pentaho.reporting.plugin.PentahoReportingOutput.loadMasterReport(Unknown Source)
    Pentaho Reporting Output.0 - at org.pentaho.reporting.plugin.PentahoReportingOutput.processReport(Unknown Source)
    Pentaho Reporting Output.0 - at org.pentaho.reporting.plugin.PentahoReportingOutput.processRow(Unknown Source)
    Pentaho Reporting Output.0 - at org.pentaho.di.trans.step.RunThread.run(RunThread.java:62)
    Pentaho Reporting Output.0 - at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748).

It would be great if someone could help me in fixing this issue.

Thanks in Advance,
    Mallikarjuna.

Does the transformation "Pentaho Reporting Output Example.ktr" from the samples directory work?

Hi johan,

Thanks for the reply, even the sample transformation(PentahoReportOutputExample.ktr) giving the sample log.