Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pentaho REST call to HTTPS?

Question Pentaho REST call to HTTPS?

In Pentaho can I make a call to a rest service secured with HTTPS? I've tried the 'REST Client' step which has inputs for truststore but I see no way to set the keystore.

Pardon my ignorance, but what for do you need a client keystore when the server uses its own key for transport layer security?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Hi Marabu, thanks for responding. Our organization uses mutual authentication requiring both servers and clients to use both keystore (who I am) and truststore (who I trust). This page explains it pretty well I think, http://www.ossmentor.com/2015/03/one...l-and-tls.html - check out the section titled "2-way SSL (Mutual or Client Authentication)". I've tried setting JVM system properties for keystore location and password and specifying the truststore location and password in the step's SSL tab but it still won't authenticate. Not sure if the REST Client step supports mutual authentication or not.

Thanks for clarfying, but certificate based client authentication isn't an implication of HTTPS, hence my question.

Anyway, REST-Client implements Basic Authentication for all I know.