Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Report runs in designer but fails on server

Default Report runs in designer but fails on server

Just wondering if anyone has come across this before?

I have a report that runs perfectly in Report Designer but when I try to run it on the server I am getting a failed at query error

I know that suggests an issue with the query but if I take it out and substitute the parameters for actual values it runs fine in workbench

Thinking something might be up with the parameters I then did the same in the report itself so it is effectively just running a straight query against the database, yet the error is the same

I'm running ver 5.4 in case that helps

Any ideas?

Have you configured connections and drivers for the database in your server?
    Java: Openjdk 1.8.0_131
    Pentaho 6.1 CE

Quote Originally Posted by Ana GH View Post
    Have you configured connections and drivers for the database in your server?
    Yeah I'm using a JNDI connection for all reports. Other reports work fine, it seems the server just doesn't like this one report!

I'm going to ask our engineers to check the log on the server

I'm having the very same issue right now, Deanicus. Nothing I could think of to try helped. Is this a known issue at this point?

Hi Deanicus,
    Try running the report with substituted value in server. If it throws error then the issue is with the server and the report is fine. If it runs successfully then the issue is with the parameter passing which you may missed calling in subreport or you may have missed any step.

Apologies for my delay in replying. Another project became the priority and I have only revisited this recently

I hate coming across old threads with no resolution!

It turns out the error was due to a table I had created in Redshift. I had forgotten to grant read permissions to the user our Pentaho server uses to run reports. My local environment uses my own credentials so there was no error there.

Unfortunately the error given on the report when on the server did not give the cause.

Only after having one of our engineers try to run the report, did the cause become apparent