Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Deleting records from fact table and dimension table

Default Deleting records from fact table and dimension table

I want to delete records from target table as records deleted from a source I used merge/rows and del stop both individuals but did solve my problem in delete case when I delete record from source then after transformation fact table has only that record which is deleted from the source while it must have all those instead of this.I want the same method for the dim table also.

Name:  Delete.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  10.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by AdeelShakir View Post
    I want to delete records from target table as records deleted from a source I used merge/rows and del stop both individuals but did solve my problem in delete case when I delete record from source then after transformation fact table has only that record which is deleted from the source while it must have all those instead of this.I want the same method for the dim table also.
    Please give a more readable description. Try more punctuations.

One problem I see is obvious: The Merge Rows (diff) step requires 2 input rows. You only have 1. The result of the two input streams are a comparison of the rows based on the fields set in the step. Possible comparison results are: new, deleted, modified, identical.

Check the documentation:
    https://wiki.pentaho.com/display/EAI/Merge+rows

Yes, I have only one input stream and merge rows not working, I want to check in my transformation if a record is not in the source then it will also not in warehouse target.

Merge-Diff needs two input streams to be able to calculate a full sync.
    The second input stream might be your target table.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.