Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: SFTP Put.0 - Source filename fieldname is missing!

Default SFTP Put.0 - Source filename fieldname is missing!

Hello,
    I'm a new user of PDI (Kettle). I'm using Community Edition 7.1 and teaching myself the tool. I'm attempting to create simple a transformation that pulls data from a MySQL database (Table Input step), puts it into a CSV (Text File Out put step), then drops that CSV to an SFTP folder (SFTP Put step).
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 12.53.24 PM.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  13.1 KB

When I run the transformation, I get an error in the SFTP Put step, "SFTP Put.0 - Source filename fieldname is missing!"

I specified the filename in the previous step.

The SFTP Put step has a dropdown for source file name which lists the fields from my Table Input step.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 12.53.39 PM.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  22.4 KB

There's no documentation on the SFTP Put step in the Pentaho Community Wiki. Here's my question: if the SFTP Put step needs to get the filename of my CSV from a field in that dropdown, how do I do this?

Thanks.

Create CSV and SFTP Put each will process every single row, i.e. with a SQL result set holding a thousand rows, SFTP Put will transfer that much files.
    There's an elegant solution to your problem, and lots of others, too.
    The elegant one is to let Text-File-Output deliver the file to the SFTP server.
    An alternative would be to use a Kette variable to hold the filename and do the file transfer on the job level.

Thank you for the suggestion. I was attempting to use the SFTP Put step at the transformation level instead of the Put A File with SFTP step at the job level. Once I made this change, I was able to successfully complete the transformation.