Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Is there a Kitchen job status page?

Default Is there a Kitchen job status page?

Hello,
    I have a file based repository and when I run job in kitchen, is there a webpage where I can see the status of the job? I am only able to set the logging to a log file.
    I would like to schedule Kitchen jobs using Windows scheduler and monitor the status of the jobs from a web browser, with similar information when I run the job in Spoon and check the status in kettle/status page.
    Secondly, I am unable to schedule these file-based repository jobs in Pentaho User Console. When I browse files, I do not see the jobs/transformations from my repository.
    Could anyone please suggest the steps I need to take?

Thanks a lot
    Ravi

When using a file repositorie and you want to check the status of a running job or transformation you need to run these jobs through carte. This is a webserver which can run jobs or transformations.
    When you want to run a job in the bi-server use the Pentaho repository to store the jobs and transformations. Then you can see those files is the User Console

Answering your question in the title: No, you'll have to use Carte for that.

Edit: @johan didn't see you coming ...
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Thank you marabu. I will try that.

Hello johanhammink,
    Thank you for your reply, I will try carte.
    "When you want to run a job in the bi-server use the Pentaho repository to store the jobs and transformations." Did you mean Enterprise Repository when you say Pentaho repository which is not available in Community Edition?
    Thanks
    Ravi

The Pentaho Repository is also available in the Community Edition.

Hello marabu/johanhammink,
    I created a carte slave server on our Pentaho server. when I run the job (using runJob) from my laptop, the carte username and password is not prompted but when I run the same job (using runJob) from the server itself, it is prompting for the credentials. I have the username and password in the carte-slave-config.xml in the data-integration folder.
    Is there something else that needs to be done so that password is not prompted?

Thanks
    Ravi

You can send the username password in the url. http://username:password@ipadresserv...tle/executejob

Thanks johanhammink

I did the same and it worked.