Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: PDI 7.1 error running Job from batch

Default PDI 7.1 error running Job from batch

Hi,
    using PDI 5.1 CE, upgraded to PDI 7.1 CE.downloaded the 7.1 unzipped and pointed to the same database repository.

the schedules were using task scheduler windows batch.

PDI 5.1 Jobs had an option to point to file repository, transformations exported as xml.PDI 7.1 doesnot have that option.

If I paste file repository location in the job, it gives me an error "Unable to find the specified repository directory".
    and if I browse the location in the UI and run manually the job runs fine, but when I export it and run using windows scheduler with batch job it fails.

batch job: "C:\RUCKUS\001 Software Dumps\pdi-ce-7.1.0.0-12\data-integration"\kitchen.bat /file:"C:\Shares\Kettle\EDW\Jobs\j_reporting_calendar_update.kjb" /level:Basic >> "C:\Shares\kettle_logs\reporting_calendar\reporting_calendar_update_log.txt".

Starting entry [t_reporting_calendar_update]
    Loading transformation from repository [t_reporting_calendar_update] in directory [/EDW/sales/EDW/Transformations]
    ERROR (version 7.1.0.0-12, build 1 from 2017-05-16 17.18.02 by buildguy) : org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleException:
    Unexpected error during transformation metadata load
    No repository defined!
    Unable to read file [file:///C:/EDW/sales/EDW/Transformations/t_reporting_calendar_update.ktr]
    Could not read from "file:///C:/EDW/sales/EDW/Transformat...dar_update.ktr" because it is not a file.

-Lakshmi
    Attached Images Attached Images  

did any one experience this issue... any solution