Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Create a Table

Question Create a Table

Quote Originally Posted by gutlez View Post
    Seems a terrible workflow design plan.
    But yes, you can read the first line of the CSV to get the headers (column names), and feed that to a Meta-Data Injector that creates the tables, and then another to load the CSV into that table.
    Hello sir, if you happen to have .ktr file with an example, could you please post it here? Thank you.
    Right now I'm trying to do it with dynamic table creation example, but this job cannot find destination table, which supposed to be created at first transformation "create table". But I got the error on the "populate table" transformation, saying that "POPULATE CUSTOMERS" table doesn't exist. I'm not posting this transformation, as it is part of samples/transformations/dynamic-table examples

Appreciate your valuable inputs.

You can have a look at http://www.ibridge.be/?p=194 or this one http://www.ibridge.be/?p=273
    Last edited by johanhammink; 03-07-2018 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mobilazy View Post
    Hello sir, if you happen to have .ktr file with an example, could you please post it here? Thank you.
    Right now I'm trying to do it with dynamic table creation example, but this job cannot find destination table, which supposed to be created at first transformation "create table". But I got the error on the "populate table" transformation, saying that "POPULATE CUSTOMERS" table doesn't exist. I'm not posting this transformation, as it is part of samples/transformations/dynamic-table examples

Appreciate your valuable inputs.
    Thank you, johanhammink. I assume it is for me, appreciate it.
    I overcomplicated things, I just needed to create a table with for example SQL Script step or within SQLStudio CREATE TABLE
    [dbo].[SOME_TABLE]([RowNumber] int identity(1,1)) then use SQL button in Table Output to generate DDL. It worked flawlessly, dug in a wrong direction for 2 days