Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Write email attachments to filesystem fails

Default Write email attachments to filesystem fails

Hello,

I have to process emails with attachments. Processing the email body works fine. I write the attachments of the email with the job step "Get mails (Pop3/IMAP)" to a given and existing folder on the Windows server. This works fine as long as the filename of the attachments only contain "nice" characters like letters, numbers or the . (dot) for the extension. Whenever the filename of an attachment contains characters like parentheses or umlauts, the job step crashes, because the step tries to transform the filename to UTF-8 and produces a filename which cannot be written to the Windows filesystem. The transformation of the filename is not necessary. I am able to copy those files with the special characters in the filename to the filesystem manually.

I don't find a way to make the job step "Get mails (POP3/IMAP)" to ignore special characters in the filename of attachments and write them just the way they are to the Windows filesystem.

Has anyone the same issue and a solution?

Best Regards
    Volker

Default Write email attachments to filesystem fails

Hello,

whenever I try to save attachments of emails with special characters in their filename (e.g. parentheses or german umlauts) to the Windows filesystem with the job step "Get mails (POP3/IMAP)", the complete job crashes. Attachments without special characters in their name can be saved to the Windows filesystem without any problem. It seems, the step transforms the filename to a UTF-8 string and this string is not a valid filename for the filesystem. I cannot find a way to make the step not transforming the filename and just use it as it is.

Did someone had the same issue and perhaps a solution?

Best Regards
    Volker