Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Sybase IQ load table component

Default Sybase IQ load table component

We want to use Sybase IQ load table command to pass the result to database. I don't find any component in Pentago DI , please let me know is that facility available in Pentaho DI

anybody use SYBASE IQ from Pentaho DI? Please suggest do we have any way to use LOAD table command from Pentaho DI?

Maybe you can write a batch file and use the Shell step in a JOB to run it?
    Or you could use table output step with a sybase java driver?
    -- Mick --

Thank you for your reply! writing a batch file for each load would not possible as we process many files with dynamic field names. Also Table output step is not suiable for SYBASE IQ,that will give worst performance, my POC wouldn't get approed by this way. Talend or Data stage has the step for load table, missing this feature in Pentaho is the big setback for my POC.

Hi Suganthi,

This might be almost a year too late, but it might help someone else.
    I have a batch file that calls a .sql file:
    dbisql -nogui -c "uid=<username>;pwd=<password>;" -host <ip> -port <port> file.sql

Then the file.sql I create on a formula step, I add all the columns and leaving all in one columns to then write it without header on an output to text file step. The bat file is configure to always run the same file, so I create the .sql file, then run the .bat file and repeat.

The .sql file looks like this:
    LOAD TABLE <destination table> (field1, field2, field3, ....) FROM '<path reachable from the Sybase IQ Server, not on your computer>' ESCAPES OFF DELIMITED BY ';' SKIP 1 FORMAT BCP ROW DELIMITED BY '\x0d\x0a';
    COMMIT;

Always test before using Kettle, since if it fails, it will give you an error and ask you to interact with the error. Since you can't interact from the log window, your table will be locked until you unlock it or until it times out, which in my case is almost 8 hours. If you run it from a CMD window then you can just chose option 3 and start over until it works.

There is also a possibility to LOAD TABLE from a file on your local machine, assuming you have the proper client tools. Otherwise Sybase IQ and Pentaho are probably not a good mix since IQ's LOAD TABLE is the only way you can get data into it with reasonable performance.