Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How can I obtain an OAuth access token using a private key in a JSON file? (Google)

Question How can I obtain an OAuth access token using a private key in a JSON file? (Google)

Hello everyone, I'm convinced this situation already happened to some of you, so I'm here to request your help. I'm trying to access some of Google's API and the call must be authenticated with an OAuth token which I get in exchange for my private key. I have the private key in both JSON and P12 files. I'm not a Java developer and now I'm unsure on how to proceed.

I understand that Google provides API client libraries to get OAuth tokens for a number of languages, including Java, but I don't know how to add it to Pentaho Data Integration. I tried searching the forum and did some Google searches but I was unable to find a guide to implement this solution.

Can someone at least point me to the right direction? I have programming experience with JavaScript and PHP, but zero knowledge on Java.

PDI has a step for Google Analytics, which uses the Google Analytics Java API.

I'd recommend taking a look at how that step creates it's connection with OAuth authentication, you might be able to do something similar in a User-Defined Java Class step for your API project.

https://github.com/pentaho/pentaho-k...ApiFacade.java

Which Google service are you looking to query? There may be steps in the Pentaho Marketplace that do what you're looking for.