Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to abort a job after downtime

Question How to abort a job after downtime

I have a job that processes every 4 hours and even with abort after 1 hour of inactivity the process keeps accumulating on the linux server.
    Last edited by odivon; 06-13-2018 at 11:34 AM.

The program always terminates after an abort. How could this not happen on your server?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
    The program always terminates after an abort. How could this not happen on your server?
    I have a job that processes every 4 hours and even with abort after 1 hour of inactivity the process keeps accumulating on the linux server.

That sounds very strange. I have 2 jobs starting every hour and 4 jobs starting every 5 minutes on a linux server. Each one of them will either shut down after success or shut down after abort. I have never heard about a program that keeps running after it has aborted.

That sounds very strange. I have 2 jobs starting every hour and 4 jobs starting every 5 minutes on a linux server. Each one of them will either shut down after success or shut down after abort. I have never heard about a program that keeps running after it has aborted.
    strange even, and even I sent an email in the flow to abort, I received all the emails but when I checked the "top" of the linux server the processes were all there.

Normally you would want to log to file instead or in addition to sending email, but I guess it gives the same result in your situation. Can you run a dummy-job, log to file, then abort?

Normally you would want to log to file instead or in addition to sending email, but I guess it gives the same result in your situation. Can you run a dummy-job, log to file, then abort?
    I have a job that runs every 4 hours if it takes more than 1 hour I want to abort, otherwise I will reboot the process and accumulate processing on the server.

I managed to make it work by placing an "Abort" component at the end of the normal job stream, because the "Success" component does not end the job. The problem is that it gets in the log as if the load was not executed correctly. Is there any component that completes the job?

Quote Originally Posted by odivon View Post
    I managed to make it work by placing an "Abort" component at the end of the normal job stream, because the "Success" component does not end the job. The problem is that it gets in the log as if the load was not executed correctly. Is there any component that completes the job?
    Try removing the Abort (or the Success) from the end of the job completely.
    If the last task is successful, it will report success. If it is not, it will not.

Quote Originally Posted by gutlez View Post
    Try removing the Abort (or the Success) from the end of the job completely.
    If the last task is successful, it will report success. If it is not, it will not.
    even by removing "Abort" or "Success" the "Wait for" component continues to wait for the given time ... the job is not finished until the "Wait for"