I'm having intermittent problems connecting to an LDAP server (an AD server). I have a PDI job scheduled to run via cron that will randomly fail to connect to the repository because of authentication failure. Here's the relevant log output from pentaho.log.

2018-07-01 00:51:45,173 DEBUG [org.springframework.security.ldap.authentication.BindAuthenticator] (LoggingInterceptor) Exception: org.springframework.ldap.ServiceUnavailableException: 10.40.4.5:389; socket closed; nested exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: 10.40.4.5:389; socket closed; remaining name 'ou=Users,ou=PBZINC,dc=pbzinc,dc=loc'
I did some TCP packet inspection using Wireshark. It appears that [sometimes] BI Server is leaving the LDAP connection open (no unbindRequest) for reuse, but Active Directory kills inactive LDAP sessions after 15min. (the MaxConnIdleTime setting) . When BI Server sends an LDAP searchRequest command without first issuing a bindRequest command there is no response from the AD server if it's a timed out connection on AD.

Is there a timeout configuration setting that can close these "pooled" LDAP connections on BI Server? Or can LDAP pooling be turned off?

I'm on version 8.0 BI Server. Just to clarify, LDAP authentication is working otherwise.