Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How to add/delete/update a column in PRD dynamically

Post How to add/delete/update a column in PRD dynamically

How to add/delete/update a column in pentaho report designer PRD dynamically

Depending on my report query the report format(number of columns to display) should change in a prpt.
    Suggestions please

Look for it in case is possible, I think I saw it was possible to show sections of the report conditionally, so you could show them different sessions depending on a parameter selected when you execute the report.
    Regards
    Java: Openjdk 1.8.0_131
    Pentaho 6.1 CE

Quote Originally Posted by Ana GH View Post
    Look for it in case is possible, I think I saw it was possible to show sections of the report conditionally, so you could show them different sessions depending on a parameter selected when you execute the report.
    Regards
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    As I need to schedule the report, I cannot provide a user intervention to select the parameters.
    Any other way through which we can handle such case?

You can look at a cross-tab report

Quote Originally Posted by Ana GH View Post
    Regards
    Well actually you don't neet a parameter to define it, you can use the columns of the result TableModel as inputs to define conditions based on formulas.

Wich datasource are you using, because the metada of the query must be retrieved before displaying available columns.